Monday, June 28, 2010

Positive People

"Get rid of the negative people in your life - surround yourself with positive people who believe in you and inspire you."

"Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher."


This may sound like a no-brainer to a lot of people, but I think in actuality, most people don't realize where the root of their negativity comes from. I'm a prime example of this. For countless months I found myself barely getting through my day and only by doing the bare minimum. I didn't feel like trying, or working, or thinking. Looking back on this, I was probably in a complete daze for most of the time. I wasn't eating right, I stopped working out, and just felt outright alone and miserable.

It's amazing how a few changes and a positive sequence of events can really change how you go through life. Go to a few posts back where I talked about the glass being half full or half empty. It sounds so cliched but it's true. Good things have started to happen to some of my closest friends which has changed their attitudes. Life changes quickly, whether it's for the best or worst. Many things you can't control. But jeopardizing the relationships to those who are closest to you or damaging new ones before they really even have a chance to begin should not be a residual effect of life changes.  I still can't find a job, but I know it's only because times are still rough for a lot of businesses. I'm confident that I will find a perfect fit soon because I know what I have to offer in a career and I have lots of wonderful people supporting me with strong words of encouragement. It's little things like this that make me realize how fortunate I am-jobless or not.


“You can't stop loving or wanting to love because when its right, it's the best thing in the world. When you're in a relationship and it's good, even if nothing else in your life is right, you feel like your whole world is complete.”

Be sure to thank the positive people in your life. Chances are they're doing more for you than you realize. I know that mine are.

No comments:

Post a Comment