Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Let me start out by saying that I began this blog about 2 months ago. I thought way too hard about a creative title, a sub title, and a link. Alas, after all this thought, I couldn't think of anything to say. I revisited my empty page several times hoping for an epiphany where I could release any and every thought I had (no matter how boring it was). I still had nothing. I found myself going to my friend Kat's blog regularly to see what she was writing about. I think her life is much more interesting than mine, because I find that my life is in one giant limbo. Here I am, a recent college grad looking for a full-time job, where I spend my days being single, playing with my dog or cooking-while just about everyone else I know is working, getting engaged, or is already married. *Sigh* I'm too young for this to be happening already.

So after thinking for quite a bit, I thought maybe the absence of interest in my life could benefit me in this blog. I have decided not to look at it as me writing about the confusion that is my life, but rather a way for me to look back on these days and see how far I have come. I'm hoping to write as frequently as Kat, but I can't promise anything at this point. My blog will probably start with a boring synopsis of my day and my latest cooking/baking discovery-although I'm hoping for more interesting entries. I'll leave you for now with what prompted this first entry (and hopefully the start of many). After cleaning my room today, I stumbled across a birthday card given to me on my 21st birthday by my parents. I found the words extremely comforting given where I am in my life right now. So if anyone who reads this can empathize, I encourage you to read the following:
A Beautiful Life

Love yourself, make peace with who you are, and where you are at this moment in time. Listen to your heart. If you can't hear what it's saying in this noisy world, make time for yourself. Enjoy your own company. Let your mind wander among the stars. Try. Take chances. Make mistakes. Life can be messy and confusing at times, but it's also full of surprises. The next rock in your path might be a stepping-stone. Be happy. When you don't have what you want, want what you have. Make do. That's a well-kept secret of contentment. There aren't many shortcuts to tomorrow. You have to make your own way. To know where you're going is only part of it. You need to know where you've been, too. And if you ever get lost, don't worry. The people who love you will find you. Count on it. Life isn't days and years. It's what you do with time and with all the goodness and grace that's inside you. Make a beautiful life...the kind of life you deserve.

So here it is. My start of my blog mid-epiphany. I chose to change the domain of my blog to "a sense of serendipity" for three reasons. First, it's my favorite word. I am a fan of irony, and to me there is nothing more ironic than "a fortunate accident." Two, it's become my favorite movie. Partly because of the name and meaning, but I'm a total sucker for movies that turn out like a fairytale. And three, I think my life could use a little serendipity-good luck in the making and unexpected discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment